Your Eye Exam
A routine vision examination in our office requires a total of approximately 30 minutes. This period of time is needed to perform all the tests necessary to thoroughly assess your eyes and visual efficiency.
During your examination a health history will be taken. It is important for you to provide all information, regardless of how insignificant you might think it is.
Tests related to the following are are all part of a complete examination:
- Eye health
- General physical health
- Clarity of vision (Myopia, Hyperopia, Astigmatism)
- Macular Degeneration
- Colour vision
- Focusing ability (Presbyopia)
- Eye muscle control
- Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Dry Eye
- Suitability for refractive laser surgery and contact lenses
and other areas as appropriate for each individual.
Following the examination, we will carefully explain the results of your testing and discuss our recommendations regarding any needed preventive or remedial care.
- Visual Therapy
- Behavioural Optometry
- Children’s Vision (PDF)
- Treatment for Dry Eye disease
- Digital Retinal Imaging
- Anterior Segment Imaging
- Co-management of laser surgery, cataract surgery and corneal cross-linking surgery
- Driving vision assessment
During Your Eye Examination
An eye examination is a routine and pleasant experience. Some advice…
- Don’t worry about making a mistake or giving the wrong answer
- Don’t worry about your answers contradicting one another
- Don’t hesitate to say so if you are unable to answer some of the questions
- Don’t be alarmed if, for a few minutes during the examination, you find your vision getting worse instead of better.
Make An Appointment
To make an apppointment for an eye examination, please click here or phone our helpful staff on 03 9558 4499.